[thelist] MySQL to Excel Problem

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed May 1 13:54:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
But I'll also toss in another idea.... Have you considered setting up an
ODBC connection to your MySQL server, and just importing the data into
Excel by that route?
[/snip]

Actually what I am doing is querying the DB using PHP and then 'opening' the
PHP file (as an .xls) file in Excel. PHP has  native connections to MySQL,
so it is fast and efficient. I could print the query results to excel easily
as they come out, but what I need to do is make the query results into pivot
table format. So, I have the data, it's just a matter of putting it into the
right format. I may have a solution, I am working it through on the white
board right now. Accck!

Thanks!

Jay