[thelist] Paying for proposals?

Casey Crookston casey.crookston at imibevcore.com
Wed May 1 16:04:00 CDT 2002

>>other firms _are_ charging<<

You are kidding?!?  If there were 5 web development firms in the world,
I can see them getting away with charging for a quote.  But as it is, if
one charges, you just go to one of the other 4,093,627,846,910,431,261
that are out there who don't charge.

We recently were having water problems in our chimney.  My wife called 5
different chimney companies in our yellow pages, and 4 of them came to
give us bids.  The fifth one never came 'casue he wanted to charge us
$60.00 for a diagnosis.  What a screw ball!