[thelist] targeting a specific frame within a frameset

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Thu May 2 04:02:00 CDT 2002

Rachel Starr wrote:

> I have a 3 frame frameset.  From an href on another page, I want to
> target
> the frameset with a specific page loaded in frame 3.  (not the
> original one
> as defined in the frameset).  I have many links like this and I do not
> want
> to build specific framesets for all of them.  Can I call the frameset and
> have it automatically load a specific frame at the same time?

Try using either server code or JS to create a custom frameset based on
a variable being passed.

eg: index.php?page=page123.html

Without knowing more details such as your server's / site's setup, I
don't what to go into too much detail in case I take too many steps in
the wrong direction. :)

--
Michael Pemberton
mpember at phreaker.net