[thelist] IMPORTANT UPDATE MySQL to Excel Problem Pivot Table SOLVED! [long]

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu May 2 14:08:01 CDT 2002

> SUM(IF(RecordID = 'Foo', Weight, 0)) AS FooWeight
>
> Ah the power of SQL. rudy, you may obviously keep your sceptre,
> I am in no position to be a prince, much less a king.

don't sell yourself short

you figured this one out on your own, and crosstab sums are pretty tricky

just a comment --

not every database has an IF or CASE structure

you can achieve similar results by grouping from a temp table which holds
crosstab results generated from the union of several selects -- see
http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/ateQuestionNResponse/0,289625,sid13_ci
d456522_tax285649,00.html

rudy