[thelist] Needs some advice on creating a members only area and...

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 2 21:14:01 CDT 2002

I need a little advice,

I'm quoting a small web site for a non profit that could turn out to be
rather expensive depending on how I do things. One of the requirements of
the web site is a members only area that will include as far as I can tell,
just their newsletter.

What is the best way to create a simple members only area?

If I go the database route to include all member info and unique passwords,
it's also going to need an admin page so they can update the database. If I
don't use a database, I can create a page with a universal password, but
every time someone leaves the group, it would have to be changed.

They also want to put pictures of something they want to sell on the site
and have the ability to add more pictures to it if necessary. I don't think
they're looking for e-commerce.

What's the alternative to me maintaining these pictures so they can add
pictures when they need to?

I'm working with Dreamweaver UD4

Thanks in advance,

Bob