[thelist] Needs some advice on creating a members only area and...

lon.kraemer lwkraemer at directvinternet.com
Fri May 3 09:06:00 CDT 2002

It really depends on how secure they want this member area. I haven't used
UD4, but did play with Drumbeat years ago. Should be easy to set up a simple
membership database w/admin functions. A universal password wouldn't be
anymore efficient than a URI known only by the "members only".

As far as the pictures, just do it yourself. Aside from having to set up an
upload component (or teaching FTP), you'll end up having to educate the
admin about optimizing graphics for the web, plus establishing format,
naming and sizing validation. Ugh! Then... how are these added images going
to be placed on the site?

--
Lon Kraemer