[thelist] ASP URLDecode

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at realmetros.com
Fri May 3 10:15:10 CDT 2002

Ok, since you asked...

We've got a database with some URL fragments stored in it.  We used to
pull the values from the database and generate a link with a querystring
in it.

Now we want to be able to take that URL fragment, and parse it into
<input type="hidden" name="foo" value="<%= URLDecode(bar) %>">'s

So that we can POST it, rather than expose all our stuff in the
querystring.

But, we don't want to change the data in the database.  And the data in
the database is already in URL format with lots of %20's and stuff.  So
that's why I'm looking for an already-written decoder.  But I'm
certainly open to other work-arounds.