[thelist] What constitutes a page in a web site?

Ray Hill lists at prydain.com
Fri May 3 12:48:01 CDT 2002

> What constitutes a page within a web site?

Since most of the projects I use rely on a templating mechanism using
include files, I can't really consider each file a page, since every
page includes several files.

I think the logical way to think of it is to associate a "page" with a
unique URL.  Differences in query string variables may or may not
constitute a new page, depending on whether they simply alter the page
slightly (like an orderby variable) or change the content of the page
significantly (such as a weblog that loads a specific day's entry
based on a qstring variable).

--ray