[thelist] some questions on css: misuse and issues?

Christopher Joseph Christopher at ideadesigners.com
Sun May 5 20:03:01 CDT 2002

Hi chaps!

I have been trying to update my corporate site and have utilised CSS for all
the formatting (with a little help from the usual suspects css based sites).
A couple of things are bugging me and I was wondering if anyone felt the
urge to comment.

The site is here: http://www.ideadesigners.com/id_co_uk/index.php

The first issue is the right hand menu. If I sqidge the screen the right
menu flows UNDER the text and my navigation is gone down the swanny. BUT if
i was to fix the 'top' of the right menu to an absolute pixel pos. then it
would flow OVER the text. It seems to me that neither situation is
particularly desirable (though thoughts on which is the better of two evils
are appreciated) is there an alternative? I have looked at the usual sites
like www.bluerobot.com, www.thenoodleincident.com etc but they all have
similar issues.

The second issue is the article titles. I have placed {border: groove thin;}
and added padding around it (see below) but again I try sqidging the page
and what happens......the title boxing overlaps. Is there any way around
this?

#ArticleHead{
	border : thin groove;
	background-color : White;
	font-size : larger;
	font-family : Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	padding-left : 20px;
	padding-top : 5px;
	padding-right : 20px;
	padding-bottom : 5px;
	}

OR are all my problems the result of misusing CSS

Thanks people, pip pip.