[thelist] Whats it worth??

Daniel Fascia danfascia at totalise.co.uk
Mon May 6 09:31:01 CDT 2002

Im looking for some more wisdom from the experts. This question is mainly aimed at UK web developers...

Ive developed a lot of sites but they have nearly always been for friends or by recommendation and I have therefore been in a vicious circle of undercharging for jobs
so as not do damage relations etc...

I have been asked to develop a site for wine sales incorporating online selling, stock management and order processing, the whole shebang...

I have no idea how much such a site should cost to develop and once again its for a friend who has no concept of the cost of web work

Could someone give me some sort of guidelines. I find this quite a daunting topic since there are no set standards for how much web development costs