correction! Re: [thelist] Opera vs. IE6 displaying links and HR

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at
Mon May 6 16:50:01 CDT 2002

Mon, 06 May 2002 14:38:30 -0700 I had a brain lapse and goofed.

I should have said

_not _

Sorry about that!! Here's the correction:

If you want the HR to left align, try replacing the
position: relative;
left: 0px

to this:

hr {
width: 567px;

Seeing your width designation, too, Joel...... if you want your width to
stretch across in IE, too, you might change that to

and if you do that, then you probably wouldn't need the

Too many choices. Ah, what to do?!?  <grin> Depends on whether or not you
want that HR to span the width of the screen or not, keeping in mind that
some browsers won't recognize the max-width designation yet. If you do the
width:100% I'm pretty sure it will stay within the max-width designation
for those browser that will recognize it but just expand for those that
won't. Did you try that? Let me know, as I'm curious. :-)

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at
Website Design, Development
WebsiteTips: Design Resources
Brainstorms and Raves
WaSP Steering Committee