correction! Re: [thelist] Opera vs. IE6 displaying links and HR

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Mon May 6 16:50:01 CDT 2002

Mon, 06 May 2002 14:38:30 -0700 I had a brain lapse and goofed.

I should have said

text-align:left

_not _

align:left

Sorry about that!! Here's the correction:

If you want the HR to left align, try replacing the
position: relative;
left: 0px

with
text-align:left;

to this:

hr {
width: 567px;
text-align:left;
}

Seeing your width designation, too, Joel...... if you want your width to
stretch across in IE, too, you might change that to

width:100%;

and if you do that, then you probably wouldn't need the

text-align:left;

----------------------
Too many choices. Ah, what to do?!?  <grin> Depends on whether or not you
want that HR to span the width of the screen or not, keeping in mind that
some browsers won't recognize the max-width designation yet. If you do the
width:100% I'm pretty sure it will stay within the max-width designation
for those browser that will recognize it but just expand for those that
won't. Did you try that? Let me know, as I'm curious. :-)

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Website Design, Development      http://www.skdesigns.com/