. php includes (was Re: [thelist] SSI Brain Fart) (Andrew)

Stephane Gosselin stef at cfusions.com
Mon May 6 17:48:01 CDT 2002

--> Just a reminder..... if your file is local to the site you are calling
it from, you should use relative paths eg:

<?php
include ("/path/to/some/file.php");
?>

THe http way generates a redirect code , while the relative way generates a
file found response code ( 200 I believe from top of m head). Redirect
codes are particulary nasty if you want your site indexed. My own 2 bits.

<tip type="php include url">
You can include a url (from the same server or a different one) with PHP by
using the following syntax:
?>

<?php
include 'http://some-url';