[thelist] posting changes -- please read

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue May 7 21:11:00 CDT 2002

by now i'm guessing everyone has noticed that sometimes spam gets through
the filters we have in place...  often it's stripped to nothingness, but
sometimes content remains that can jeopardize the freedom of some
members to post from work, or have other adverse effects -- today's post
being a perfect example...

for some time, dan, and others, have worked very hard to allow members to
post from HTML email clients, and also to allow members to post from
accounts not subscribed to thelist...

however, due to concerns from some members, as well as a long-ranging
discussion over blocking posts from non-subscribed addresses, dan has
closed thelist to only allow posts from subscribed addresses... i
wholeheartedly support the decision... i apologize if it seems abrupt to
anyone, but i didn't have opportunity to inform anyone of the change before it
happened...

he has also handed list administration over to me...

in the end, i will not be the only person administerting the list, and dan has
not gone away, but until we've decided all the others who will be administering
it as well, it'll just be me...

if this change affects you, there are ways around it...

- subscribe all accounts from which you expect to send posts, and set them
all to nomail, save for the one you want to receive posts...

- send me your email address and i'll add it to an exceptions list...

- if your email client only sends HTML-formatted email, it should still be
stripped, but it will be held until i can approve it... i'm online a lot, but be
prepared for delays until we have all timezones covered...

if you have any questions or concerns (or complaints), please feel free to
email me offlist and i'll see what i can do for you...

otherwise, thanks for taking part in evolt.org, and have a good day!

-aardvark (Adrian Roselli)