[thelist] Re: Removing funky MS browser behavior

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed May 8 01:02:01 CDT 2002

> Just to play Devil's Advocate. It's their copyrighted images,
> living on their server, not yours.
>
> jon
>
> Mark Gallagher wrote:
> In my copy of IE6: don't bother.  It's *my* browser, not
> > yours.

I don't particularly want Microsoft's annoying tool popping up over the
graphics on my pages. It does not enhance the browsing experience. If
visitors really want to copy, save, or whatever, the graphics from a page
I've designed, they can figure out how to do it *without* the annoying
toolbar.

Yup; this falls into the category of browser chrome, and normally I'm
against messing with it without a really good reason. But, visually, this
chrome adds itself to the page, not the browser. I'm taking that as an
invite to treat it as a page element.

joel