[thelist] Anybody there from Philips.com

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed May 8 03:51:01 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, May 8, 2002, at 09:37  am, Chris Price wrote:

> I'm left thinking 'If Philips are in the communication business,
> someone ought to tell their web people.'

Chris

Many consumer electronics companies are in the technology business,
not the communications one - they tend to be technology-push
companies (marketing are told to sell what R&D have come
up with, usually at very short notice), rather than demand-pull
companies (R&D being told to develop what consumers want to
buy).

The result is that you tend to get a lack of focus on external
audiences - users of websites for example.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,