[thelist] HTML Newsletter Blank in WebMail Clients

andrew pander andrew at thepander.co.nz
Wed May 8 04:41:01 CDT 2002

> The headers look okay but you could try changing those \n to \r\n. Though
> this isn't likely to make much difference but best to do it right. ;) See
> http://www.zend.com/manual/function.mail.php
> "You must use \r\n to seperate headers, although some Unix mail transfer
> agents may work with just a single newline (\n)."

Apologies in advance, I haven't been following this thread, but: 'some
Unix mail transfer agents' is completely weird -- that's a unix / pc /
mac end of line difference.

Sure if you're win it's a /r/n, if you're unix it's /n only. Correct me
if I'm wrong, but this sounds kinda kooky to me -- why would *nix use /n
as an end of line character and then 'magically' expect a /r/n end of
line for mail headers in 'some cases'.

And, yea, the php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php entry confirms all
this -- but sounds vague and non-committal to me. Also, why on earth
won't win32 systems support a BCC mail? Strange and more than strange.

Cheers
Andrew