[thelist] OT: e-commerce PayPal

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Wed May 8 16:58:01 CDT 2002

PayPal can be used by anyone to send money without actually opening an account.
I have a client that I -send- a bill to  (through PayPal) each month. He goes
to the site and either pays the bill with a credit card (usually) or gives them
access to an electronic check that draws on his checking account.

Withdrawing money is just as easy. I have a PayPal Visa/ATM card that I can use
in most ATM machines to withdraw up to $500/day. You can also have them sweep
funds into your checking account. Read the details very carefully. For small
to medium transactions it's great. I just set up a website that takes all it's
payments through PayPal and am starting another one for an artist so she can
have an ecommerce site without going through the whole merchant-account stuff.

It works. There are those that don't like it. Those that don't like the amount
of info you have to provide, but I don't see any of that beyond any bounds
you'd cross to have any kind of financial transaction.

Read their site. Works well.

Good luck,

-Hugh