[thelist] xhtml conversion

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed May 8 19:24:13 CDT 2002

Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov wrote:

> If by "view" you mean "be able to read the information on the page" then
> you're in luck.

Uh, well. Believe, but test :-)  I've managed to create instances
of valid XHTML/CSS where some content winds up non-visible (or in
the case of links, non-clickable) in NS4.x ...

> XHTML. *However*, pure XHTML requires the logical separation of content from
> presentation and layout (using CSS), and some old browsers (including, I
> suspect, IE3 and WebTV)

Believe, but test -- at least there's a WebTV emulator you can use
to check your stuff:

	http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/WebTVVwr.asp

/* which, amusingly, when started brings up
 *
 *	http://developer.msntv.com/
 *
 *  and complains about the 'Unrecognized tag "<LAYER>"' (!)
 */
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --