[thelist] IE Visibility Question

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Thu May 9 09:59:01 CDT 2002

I have the following paragraph on one of my pages:

<form name="cutnpaste">
<textarea name="info" rows=5 cols=50"></textarea>
</form>

I want to make the form disappear when I click on a button (button is
outside of the above paragraph).

Everything works ok when I do this ...
document.all.cutnpaste.style.visibility = "hidden"

... but when I do this ...
document.all.clipboard.style.visibility = "hidden"

I get an error that "document.all.clipboard.style is null or is not an
object."  Obviously, this is an IE script.  Does anyone know why the second
method does not work?

Thanks,
Josh