[thelist] IE Visibility Question

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu May 9 10:43:01 CDT 2002

> Also, p
> elements must not contain block elements, and so should not be used as a
> container for a form [2].
>
> 1. http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#edef-P
> 2. http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#edef-FORM
>
> James Aylard

Thank you James,

You just answered Josh's question about my "div is better in this case than
p" assertion.  I knew there was a reason the hairs on my neck stood on end
when I saw a form inside of the p tags, though I couldn't quite put my
finger on it.  Josh, as a rule of thumb, you should only use the p tags for
actual paragraphs of content.  Obviously, the consortium realized this as
well when they created the nesting rules that James mentioned.  :)

-joshua