[thelist] show of hands...

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Thu May 9 14:26:01 CDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, the head lemur wrote:

> > My contention is this: Proper web publishing requires a TEAM of
> > multidisciplinary people working together. Single developers need to be
> god
> > to cover everything ...
>
> Then I am God....and so are a large number of the members on this list.
> Your assumption with the lead of 'Proper' web publishing requiring a TEAM
> has little basis in reality just by numbers alone.

I'm with Alan here.  I'd respond to the full post, but I'm about to go run
errands.

Meanwhile, I leave you with my qualifications list:

http://www.io.com/persist1/quals.php

If anything, there's stuff that I've under-represented because I don't
know how I'd do if I got called on it during an interview or a skills
test.

Why build a skillset this broad?

Because there's no way in hell that a lot of clients are going to hire
some huge team when they just need a single node of contact for their
customer base, which is measured in tens of thousands or perhaps single
thousands.

If you specialize, you don't get that business.

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."