[thelist] quick site check please

David Dorward david at david.us-lot.org
Thu May 9 17:50:12 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 12:47:13PM +0100, dn at dittodesign.co.uk wrote:
> Afternoon all,
> I've been playing around with my site and would appreciate
> a quick check specifically from those of you on a modem
> connection and in browsers other than IE6 or any NS. I have
> a background image that is overlayed with a Flash file and
> would like to know if it loads up before the Flash or can you
> see the strings ?

I don't see any images or flash whatsoever, lynx is a nice little
browser that way (saves me lots of bandwidth). However you appear to
have forgotten about putting alt text on your images, it doesn't look
too great.

http://david.us-lot.org/lynx.png

You might find http://validator.w3.org/ useful.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/bcase/benefits.html is also a good read.

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.