[thelist] ecommerce setup which only entails downloading the

Jared M. Spool jspool at uie.com
Thu May 9 22:32:01 CDT 2002

Sharon Malone wrote:

> Have a client who wants buyers to purchase his shareware by download
> only. So, no product would be physically shipped to a buyer. Not
> quite sure how to construct the coding for this. That is, click a
> Buy Now button taking buyer to the order form first where they would
> enter their credit card info, then that would pass to a Download
> page for the actual downloading of the zip file ????? If so, what
> about the time in between where the credit card info should be
> verified before download.

We use http:/www.digibuy.com to sell our reports. They send a url in
the confirmation letter that people use to download it with. We can
set how many downloads are permitted before the URL goes invalid.

I don't really know how you would implement this yourself. The folks
at Digibuy tell me that fraud protection is a lot of their work
effort.

I hope this is helpful.

Jared

- o - o - o -
Jared M. Spool
User Interface Engineering
jspool at uie.com   http://www.uie.com

Check out the Sneak Preview for User Interface 7 East at
http://www.uiconf.com