[thelist] PHP query string but for POSTed data?

Beau Hartshorne beau at members.evolt.org
Thu May 9 22:33:01 CDT 2002

> Is there something similar to $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] except for
POSTed
> form data? I can't see anything in the manual... but it's worth a
shot.

From: http://www.php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.php

HTTP POST variables: $_POST
Note: Introduced in 4.1.0. In earlier versions, use $HTTP_POST_VARS.

An associative array of variables passed to the current script via the
HTTP POST method. Automatically global in any scope.

This is a 'superglobal', or automatic global, variable. This simply
means that it is available in all scopes throughout a script. You don't
need to do a global $_POST; to access it within functions or methods, as
you do with $HTTP_POST_VARS.

$HTTP_POST_VARS contains the same information, but is not an autoglobal.

Cheers,

Beau