[thelist] ColdFusion Remark Tip

Colin Mitchell colspan at jerkvision.com
Fri May 10 07:22:03 CDT 2002

> <tip type="ColdFusion" author="Drew Shiel">
> When using html remarks in coldfusion cfms, be careful to use !-- instead
> of !---
> Because if you use the latter, everything after that is ignored by the
> server, and you can lose an hour trying to figure out why.
> </tip>

Am I right in thinking that everything gets ignored until the closing --->?

I used to do this with my code-pertinent comments all the time when I was
building CFML so that hackers viewing my sourcecode couldn't figure out what
I was doing as easily.

Still, I agree, you definitely want to pay attention to how you use that.

- Colin