[thelist] Advice on Getting That First Client

Eike Pierstorff eike.p at t-online.de
Sat May 11 06:56:01 CDT 2002

Even if you like them and even if you don't charge money make sure you
get a (printed) contract that says 1) exactly what is is that you'll do
for them and 2) that all legal stuff (copyright etc) is handled by your
customer.
I maintained a charities website for 2 1/2 years (and paid their
webspace, too) and was finally being sued for alleged misuse of the
charities name. So I guess it's better to protect yourself.

-- eike

eike pierstorff
eike.p at t-online.de
inhabitant1 at davenant.net

"The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable
fools."
(Larry Niven)