[thelist] Is a copyright statement required?

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun May 12 12:26:00 CDT 2002

On Saturday, May 11, 2002, at 05:15  pm, Mark Gallagher wrote:

> Peter Kaulback wrote:
>> My last post of a possible site copy introduced other niggling
>> concerns.
>> One being that a web designer does have copyright over their design I
>> know,
>
> Disclaimer: IANAL(IJPOOTL).
>
> Uh, that depends.  In most countries, if you do work for someone, then
> that work is copyright the client, not the designer.

I don't think this is the case where there is a simple contractual
relationship (eg a freelancer or other agency to client).

Of course, if your contract covers ownership of rights, and assigns
them to the client, as is quite common, then that's different.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,