[thelist] quick site check

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Mon May 13 02:17:01 CDT 2002

\rudy\ said:
> lachlan, you forgot to mention the url
>
> is it http://members.evolt.org/luminosity?
>
> if so, there\'s not a lot to see

Yeah, just a test post - that should allow access to all the pages that
people could get to.

> on one of the pages, the contents spill out of the grey box --
> http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/thoughts/archives/2002/May/
>
> i\'m using win95 ie5

Hmm. Broken CSS, methinks.

> the grey background is a bit too dark for me

Alternate stylesheet mechanism will be my next improvement on it, once the
basic code is all working.

> the box is perhaps a bit too narrow -- too much white space

guh? the content box is meant to have borders 20 px from the menu, and the
right side. which works for me in everything but opera 6 which I haven't
found a fix for. it would also be 20px from the bottom, but for browser
support. :S

could you send me a screenshot, please?

Thanks

Lach

<tip type="debugging" author="Lachlan">
Got problems with your sql queries in a script?

Try copying them out and using the snippets in a program like phpMyAdmin -
you'll find what's wrong with it much faster.

If you still can't find your error, ask your friends at evolt.org. ;)
</tip>