[thelist] javascipt and css hover

Adam adam at hallinteractive.com
Mon May 13 13:12:01 CDT 2002

hey all.

quick question.

I'm in need of a pre-written javascript that assigns a value to a css link
state. ummm that might not make sense... clicking on link "foo" should take
the user to the appropriate page and have a visual state that shows the user
where they are. so "foo" would be bold and red when the page is foo.html but
go to its visited state when "foo2" is clicked. I've seen this for image
rollovers is it possible with css?

bah...mondays ...here is my css

#nav a:link {
color: #000033;
font-size: 11px;
line-height: 0px;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif;
text-decoration: underline;
}

#nav a:visited {
color: red;
font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: underline;
}

#nav a:hover {
color: #264e66;
text-decoration: none;
}

#nav a:active {
color: #808080;
text-decoration: none;
}

I hope someone can make sense of my ramblings...
any help would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,
Adam.

<tip type="typography">
Avoid setting copy in all caps. Capital letters slow reading speed and take
more space than lowercase letters.
</type>

-----
adam at hallinteractive.com