[thelist] JavaScript: the Back Button

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Mon May 13 13:27:01 CDT 2002

> IF ICameFrom = Page3 THEN
> 	GoTo Page1
> ELSE
> 	ProceedAsNormal
> END IF
>
> Am I missing any dangerous pitfalls with that approach?

Keep in mind that this is VB Script and will only work in browsers that
support the language (meaning to say, not all browsers...).

Also, I don't think that this will work since when you hit the back button
from the perspective of the script you aren't "coming from" page 3, rather
just going back to a location in your history.  I would like to hear from
you if you find this statement to be false, though.

Josh