[thelist] NOSPAM CGI/PERL question :)

Eating Cheetos king_galen at hotmail.com
Wed May 15 03:15:01 CDT 2002

Ha :) I remembered to include "nospam" in the title like you'd asked as I am
currently on webmail...

Got a non-guru question for you all today...  First thank you all for your
help in the last one, I still don't know how to make a fading background on
a webpage without and image though. I might just have to go with an image
and then compress it so it will load faster (if that even really works.)

But, here is my question for the next day or so...  I want to learn more
about CGI/Perl...  Where to go in your opinions? I have done some searching,
I can take light to middle weight level of difficulty so I will review all
the links you send if you send any.

Also...  Books worth ordering? Is there a book you have read and found
valuable on the subject?  Next week's question is going to be about getting
a "safelist" to operate on a server that runs NT, but I figure I will try to
learn it myself first. This is an aside and digression but they won't allow
us to CHMOD the files as they claim that all the permissions have been set
as they need to be already and I have never received a single email back
from CS about it either. Oh well... I won't be recommending them to anyone
prolly...

Galen