[thelist] Blogging a-gogo

Tamara Nelson tamara at sanctusmoo.com
Wed May 15 10:23:02 CDT 2002

There are several free CMS (blogging) systems that sit on the client's
server and are CGI/Perl based.  The hardest part is the set up, but once
everything is CHMOD'ed  and the templates are set, there's very little for
the client to play with.

Try Movable Type - http://www.movabletype.org or GreyMatter -
http://www.noahgrey.com/greysoft/
I've used both on my personal sites and found both very easy to use.  The
only caveat I have is that Noah is no longer writing code for GreyMatter...
the staff behind MT is much better at supporting the program, and
personally, I think its a more customizable program.

If you want more specifics, let me know off-list.

HTH,
Tam