[thelist] going rate for web developers

Kinga Szprengiel kinga.szprengiel at verizon.net
Thu May 16 06:16:01 CDT 2002

Hi,

I'm not a professional web developer and the past few years I've been designing web sites for only non-profit organizations for free. I did recieve an offer recently, however, from a private company to redesign their current site.  The problem is I have no idea how much to charge them.  Could anyone please let me know what the going rate is right now?  Do you charge your clients by page or per hour and if so how much?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kinga