[thelist] I'm gonna switch! I mean it this time!

Tamara Nelson tamara at sanctusmoo.com
Fri May 17 12:55:00 CDT 2002

My main problem with moving from PC to Mac (OS 9) was the loss of running
Apache on my development machine.  I ended up using Virtual PC and running
Windows on my Mac (I know, yuk!).  Now that I'm in OS X - Unix based - this
has been much easier.

There are a lot of costs associated with moving, software wise, too.  Adobe
was nice and gave me "cross-platform" upgrade pricing since I had PC
licenses of their software.  The lady on the phone was super nice about
giving me Illustrator & Photoshop upgrade pricing on full version Mac
software, but I called directly.  Macromedia was not so nice and I had to
pay full price.  But my scanner, digital camera, printer and palm were all
USB so that made the switch over easier too.

I guess its mostly a money issue now...