[thelist] switching to Mac

Adrian Thompson adeythom at well.com
Sat May 18 09:35:01 CDT 2002

At 10:13 18/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I've been noticing also, recently, how incredibly annoying the PC work
>environment really is. I think it's because I'm developing on an
>unconnected machine, and transferring work to a floppy to upload files.
>Wow. Why CAN'T I make a list of what's in the Explorer window?

You could try PrintFolder (available from
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,5673,00.asp). It's
Freeware, 455K, and lets you "Open a Windows Explorer window and easily
print the contents of any folder. PrintFolder not only lets you print the
contents of the current window, it also lets you save the list of files to
any folder. Just right-click and choose PrintFolder from the context menu
to access your options."

>Such a simple thing to do, and I need it. Instead, I have to open my
>ancient XyWrite, point it to the directory (change dir default to
>not-read-only), and then I have a list to work with. Of course, this
>software so old it only reliably knows names of 8 characters or less, and
>the last character is ambiguous since I'm using HTMl or SHTML
>extensions.... Grrr.

HTH!

Adrian Thompson