[thelist] style sheet mime type

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sun May 19 22:57:00 CDT 2002

when a mozilla based browser reads a page with a strict dtd, it will ignore
stle sheet files that aren't delivered with a mime type of text/css

http://developer.netscape.com/evangelism/docs/technotes/incorrect-mime-type
s/

when i discovered this a few months ago on my site, i remember running my
page through a service and discovering that my host was sending out css
files with application/xml (duh)

i thought it was delorie.com's http viewer, but now i'm not sure, because i
don't see the mime type for my style sheets

  http://rudy.ca/darkgreen.css
  http://rudy.ca/import.css

i see content-type, but that's not the same thing, right?

does anyone know a service that shows the mime type?

(yes, i realize there must be some telnet command that'll show it, but i'm
looking for a url that i can email to the support staff at my host when
asking them to change their stoopit server setup)

rudy