[thelist] Re: Looking for some good scripts...

Gijs van Tulder evolt at gmx.net
Mon May 20 08:19:01 CDT 2002

... but Phorum uses a database. Carol said he didn't want to use a database:

> [3] Although I have mysql on my site, I WON'T use the single db I'm
allowed for ANY of the following (because I suspect we may need itit
> when it comes time to write the confirmation script & the rest of the
fulfillment piece for our "batched subscription publishing" program,
> which is far more important than the following).

I think you should use your database for Phorum. It's easier to administrate
than a textfile-based forum. Combining the Phorum-tables with your other
applications in one database is no problem. Phorum can use prefixes for the
table names, so the Phorum user table will simply be called: phorum_users.

Gijs