[thelist] switching to Mac

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Mon May 20 08:58:01 CDT 2002

>I've been noticing also, recently, how incredibly annoying the PC work
>environment really is. I think it's because I'm developing on an
>unconnected machine, and transferring work to a floppy to upload files.
>Wow. Why CAN'T I make a list of what's in the Explorer window?

Oh, and I forgot to add:

<tip type="Directory Lists" author"Arlen Walker">
If you need to create a text list of all the files in a  directory, type
"dir >> list.txt" in an MS-DOS command window (after cd-ing to the
directory you want to list)  and you'll get your list in a text file named
"list.txt". If you want the listing to include all subdirectories, use "dir
/s >> list.txt" instead.

Have fun,
DNRC 224

Arlen.P.Walker at JCI.Com