[thelist] CMS: dynamic pages and search engines/spiders

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon May 20 18:45:00 CDT 2002

> It indexes querystrung pages on my org's site wonderfully. Dunno the
> mechanism tho.. Guess it's all just link-following

so then if the kb article is not linked somewhere on the site then
obviously the spider will not reach it right? (that's probably an
obvious 'right!'.)

> In any case, if you're worried about it not working, you could use the
> magic of .htaccess files work for you [as long as you're on a *nix
> system]

nope.

one more question...

would it be worthwhile to have a link that read like this... "Show All
Articles"... and on that page list every article (or maybe every article
in a certain category or something) as a link so that the spider had
some more articles to crawl?

chris.