[thelist] Re: comment on the DOS print tip

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Mon May 20 21:55:00 CDT 2002

Having spent the last few months dealing with the replacement of win95 machines with win2k ones here at work, I have become attached to a few tools I have started using that give me these features in a DOS setup.

For file completion, there is an option as part of the Win2K version of TweakUI to enable this.  By setting both file and folder completion to "TAB", you can emulate the bash style filename completion.

As for a DOS equiv, there is a great tool called DOSED out there.  This is a fantastic replacement for DOSKEY.  It has filename completion and history in one simple tool.

----
Michael Pemberton
mpember at phreaker.net
ICQ: 12107010