[thelist] OT Microsoft Word is driving me insane

r937 at interlog.com r937 at interlog.com
Tue May 21 16:02:01 CDT 2002

To type a poem, I use the Enter/Return key to start a new line, right?

    here's a sample poem
    notice it has three text lines
    not a cap in sight

So why does Word insist on capitalizing the first letter of each line? (That was a
rhetorical question; I
know the answer -- Microsoft is trying to, ahem, *help* me.)

My question is:  how do I turn this off?

The friggin paper clip is no use.  I've been all through all the bloody options and tools
and properties
and so on.  Nada.  At least, I couldn't find it.

I have discovered that I can highlight entire blocks of text and change everything to
lowercase, but
that's not what I'm looking for. I just want it not to touch the first character on the
line.

I owe a tip, but I believe I have a few stockpiled.

Rudy