[thelist] OT Microsoft Word is driving me insane

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue May 21 17:31:00 CDT 2002

>To type a poem, I use the Enter/Return key to start a new line, right?
>
>     here's a sample poem
>     notice it has three text lines
>     not a cap in sight

HA HA HA HA HA!

I know exactly how you feel, Rudy.  oh my do I know how you feel.

>My question is:  how do I turn this off?

I found out once, now I forget.

word sucks word sucks word sucks

I am a notorious, rabid, obsessive Word-hater.
(except version 4 and below which I like ok.)

>The friggin paper clip is no use.

oh yeah, right, pick on the poor paper clip.
Like *that* hasn't been done before.

(BTW woman once I was tutoring in word saw that thing pop-up and said
"what on earth is that??? a birth control device?")

Rudy, it looks like you're typing hate mail.  Would you like help?

Erika