[thelist] RE: [ - Examples of Importing XML into Netscape or Mozilla? - ]

Michael KImsal michael at tapinternet.com
Wed May 22 12:04:01 CDT 2002

Peter-Paul Koch wrote:

>> difference is that Netscape and Mozilla report the whitespace nodes
>> (newlines) after each tag; IE does not. Netscape/Mozilla does that
>> because
>> XML requires strict whitespace handling.
>

> IE Win does not, IE Mac does. I vaguely heard that Netscape is
> thinking of
> removing this feature since it only leads to problems and has no
> redeeming
> qualities whatsoever.

Oh come on!  Claiming more adherance to "specs" than MS is
the greatest quality there is, above speed, usability, crash-proneness, and
many other "lesser" qualities.   They should keep it in, along with Math-ML
standard support in Mozilla and other great features.  That'll *really*
stick
it to MS.  :)

Michael Kimsal
http://www.logicreate.com/