[thelist] Currents trends in layout design

Scott Schrantz scotts at rci-nv.com
Wed May 22 12:21:01 CDT 2002

There isn't any "consensus" right now, and it's still hotly debated. But I
think an uneasy peace can be summed up like this: CCS layouts are the way of
the future, so it's good to learn and experiment with them. But they still
aren't always appropriate. Table layouts aren't going anywhere for a long
time, since current CSS2 implementations range from frustrating to horrible.
You'll need to make an individual decision based on your audience and what
browsers they're using, and make sure your design still looks good when CSS
is disabled or only partially supported.

--
Scott Schrantz
work: www.rci-nv.com