[thelist] RE: [ - Examples of Importing XML into Netscape or Mozilla? - ]

Michiel Trimpe M.B.Trimpe at student.tue.nl
Wed May 22 19:52:01 CDT 2002

MK> Here's a test for you.

MK> Develop a form which POSTs  some data back to the same URL.
MK> Have that script output some information to the browser.
MK> Using Mozilla as your browser, do a 'VIEW SOURCE'.

MK> The "view source" will do a 'get' again on the URL, resulting
MK> in the source you're looking at being different from what the browser
MK> rendered.

This can really hamper development. Especially if you're unaware of
it. I can remember myself hacking away at the code for hours because I
was generating double records from time to time and I didn't have a
clue why. I ended up redirecting them to a different page.

What this knowledge in the back of my head I could've realized that
every time I viewed the source the new get would create a new record
and thus forced me to make a redirect to a different page which ...
tadaaa solved the problem because it got another page. Funny, I blamed
it on the server back then ...

 - michiel