[thelist] CMS

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Thu May 23 08:49:00 CDT 2002

Hi Nicole and Jay

Thanks for that feedback.  Most of the stuff in there I have/am going to
have implemented in the system. I've shied away from allowing multiple
authors for an article and multiple categories for an article.  Thinking
about it, although the present client doesn't require it, it would make the
whole system a lot more flexible, and doesn't entail a lot more work.

I like the idea of allowing visitors to see what articles are waiting to
come live.  Maybe having notification of articles as they do go live.

The XML markup is really very primitive at the moment (as is the whole
system really).  At the moment all I've got is text being split into
<paragraph></paragraph> tags, and hyperlinks (well any begining with
http/https/ftp) being converted to <link target="xxx">xxxx</link> tags.  I
think that if the present client makes more use of the system, or if we have
more clients using it, then I'll start to add help files etc.  I have to
admit that documentation really really isn't a strong point for me.

I'd be very interested to hear your views about handling multimedia content
Nicole.

Norman