[thelist] CSS: background images not working

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Thu May 23 12:18:01 CDT 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002 09:37:26 -0700
"Chris W. Parker" <cparker at swatgear.com> wrote:

> for the life of me i cannot get a background to appear. i'm using
> XHTML Transitional. IE6/Win2k.
>
> in the CSS i've got:
>
> body {
> 	background-image: url("<correctPathToFile>");
> 	}
>
> and absolutely nothing happens. it's driving me crazy. i've tried
> taking out the DOCTYPE and all that stuff, still no luck.

The syntax looks correct, its a little hard to troubleshoot without a
URL though. The only thing I can think of is that you are providing a
relative URL based on the location of the HTML document rather then
the style sheet.

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.