[thelist] ASP vs TSQL

Michiel Trimpe M.B.Trimpe at student.tue.nl
Fri May 24 10:11:00 CDT 2002

Hello Oren,

OL> Really?

Yes, it's not the procedure that costs time it's the connection time.
Stored procedures are compiled and stored in the database and are
therefor at least as fast as ASP and you'll always need only one
connection, which is the time-consuming bit.

OL> The only way to know for sure is to code both and benchmark.

That's the only way to find out. I'm a MySQL man so I can't do it
myself but I'd like to hear the results.

-- michiel

--
Best regards,
 Michiel                            mailto:M.B.Trimpe at student.tue.nl