[thelist] Threatened by printies

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 12:30:01 CDT 2002

> How do I tactfully explain to our Directors (on my side and in
> Communications) what I do, why it is important, and why
> potentially handing
> the website over to a department of print designers with very little
> experience is near insanity?

I agree with John 100% - GET OUT. I have a print design background and worked in very similar
conditions. You will not be able to get across the real importance of what you do to these people,
particularly those old school folks. To them, design is design - you won't change their opinion.
What you WILL seem like, (to them) is some kind of an elitist who is putting them down, no matter
how "tactful" you try to be. Case in point is the 4-5 jobs 'done' in Quark. They are pretty proud
of themselves for that one trust me.

You sound like you have good skills, so start looking for a better gig. Trust me - once you get
out of there and get a job at a place that understands your role, you will wonder WHY you didn't
get out ages ago.

Good luck

Tom