[thelist] force bookmark url

Natalie Klein nkle at lle.rochester.edu
Fri May 24 14:56:01 CDT 2002

Is there a way to tell a browser to use a URL different from the one that
appears in the address field when a user bookmarks your page without using
a button in the body of the page or frames?

Further explanation:
We are going to use a random page loading script for our site index (basic
content will be the same, just different images & captions based on a
theme). The url that appears in the address bar is currently
.../index01.html, .../index02.html etc. We would like our users to continue
to have the random page load even after they bookmark the site. Any thoughts?

Many thanks,
Natalie

Natalie Klein
Software Development Group